TEDxDayton 2017 Call for Performers!
TEDxDayton spreads ideas and perspectives to spark conversation and connections in the community. The event uses TED’s celebrated format of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances that foster learning, inspiration, and wonder while also provoking conversations that matter. The TEDxDayton event showcases talks on a wide range of subjects without commercial, religious, or political agendas.
In years past, some of the most memorable highlights from TEDxDayton have been provided by performers. Classical pianist Steffin Johnson, poets Herbert Martin and Sierra Leone, the Stivers School for the Arts Jazz Orchestra, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, and World Jump Ropers are just a few examples of artists and performers who have inspired and entertained TEDxDayton audiences. For the first time, TEDxDayton is accepting applications for performers at TEDxDayton 2017.
Details about TEDxDayton 2017:
Date: October 20, 2017
Time: All Day
Location: Victoria Theater
Speaker application Instructions:
- Complete and submit your application.
- Look for a Confirmation of Receipt in 1-3 days.
- In May, selected applicants will be contacted by email to audition. Audition dates are June 6, 7, and 10.
If you are selected as a TEDxDayton 2017 performer, you will be expected to:
- Work with the Speakers Committee, and any assigned mentor, to refine your performance.
- Attend selected rehearsal(s) in August, September, and October.
- Attend final dress rehearsal on October 19th and the entire event on October 20th.